Monday, January 30, 2006

10 more seconds and my head would have exploded

In my quest to stay informed and find things to write about, I periodically peek in over at foxnews.com to see what the prevailing thinking is in the non-reality based community. I rarely watch any TV, and the little bit of time I spend is devoted to The Daily Show, so I don't see what they put on over there.

In my visit to the site tonight, I found two things of interest.

First, in case someone hasn't said it in the last eight seconds or so, Bill O'Reilly is a sanctimonious pig. He actually spent his "Talking Points" segment castigating NBC News (as if NBC News is a person) for taking cheap shots at Fox. Now, I would agree that NBC should be ashamed of taking cheap shots at Fox. That's the intellectual equivalent of snubbing "Who Wants to Marry a Millionaire". NBC should at least find something a little more challenging than Fox News to target their disdain.

Really. Fox News? That's embarrassing.

But I digress. O'Reilly? Complaining about cheap shots? The master of "Shut up"? Does he not watch his own show? Is he so isolated from reality that he doesn't know what he is? Or perhaps it's just being born without shame in the suburban Westchester, NY ghetto.

I can't take much more of that.

Secondly, I guess this may be true of all online polls, but the current one up on Fox asks whether Kenny boy Lay and Jeff Skilling will get a fair trial. The choices are: Yes, No, or Don't Know. So far, the poll is 64% yes, 27% no, and 9% don't know. Who the hell spends the effort to vote in a poll to say they don't know? I don't get it, not even a little. Maybe I'm just not up to the Fox News standard.

I'm not sure I can continue visiting the site. It's too disorienting. Imagine living like that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home