Sunday, August 27, 2006

Sometimes you have to wait for it...

I wrote about instant karma a long time ago here. It really is my favorite form of justice, and there's something much more satisfying about a guy who burns a mouse to death for sport and winds up with the mouse burning his house down than all the trials and punishments in the entirety of the US Justice system.

But, as is the case with most things of value, you usually have to wait for it. If instant karma were a frequent reality, people around me would be bursting into flames daily - at a minimum. It can be worth it, though, and such is the case with Katherine Harris, who laid all the groundwork for the Supreme Court to appoint our current president.

Although the downward spiral for her has been fast and violent (and I feel no sympathy at all, unlike the more charitable folks at TPM), I'm not sure there's any fate that could befall her that would even out the karma score. Looking around at the devastation and destruction that Bush has wrought in so many places on so many levels, even I can't come up with a suitable fate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home