Sunday, March 22, 2009

Is anybody there?

Wow. I didn't even look but I haven't been here in a long time. A lot has gone on since whenever it was...I didn't speak a word about Obama or recession or all the craziness in my own life. I think I actually had a lot to say but couldn't find the time or the energy to put it here.

Maybe now...maybe things are clearing up.

I listened to some John Hiatt yesterday while I was watching my daughter at gymnastics practice. I've found new music (new to me, anyway) recently and sort of lost track of him. It sounded great and made me think of here and all that has gone on over the past few years. I'll have some things to say about that in the coming weeks...

"Is this the place I can rest my poor head
And gather my thoughts in sweet silence
And is this the place where the feelings aren't dead
From an overexposure to violence
And is this the place I can slowly face
The only one I truly can't know

These are tears from a long time ago
I've got these tears from a long time ago
And I need to cry thirty years or so
These are tears from a long time ago"

Oh, and happy birthday Emily.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home