Saturday, January 07, 2006

Recent Reading/Fun with Family

Not that anyone cares, but besides slogging through the approximately 1500 pages of the large print version of "My Life" by Bill Clinton (I say slogging because the thing is so huge I refuse to take it on an airplane and my home reading time is about 7 minutes per day - I actually love the book so far), I just finished a second pass through David Sedaris' "Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim" .

It's beyond hilarious and very touching, as well. I've been eyeballed in airports, and especially on airplanes, for laughing uncontrollably at this book. And, given my ever shortening attention span (see Clinton, above), the short essay format is perfect.

And, for the record, I'm usually pretty good at spelling but "Corduroy" just wasted me. I had to look three times and still didn't get it right. Can't spell it, won't wear it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home