Sunday, March 22, 2009

Watching The Watchmen

And I did, last night. Either I've become a completely unsophisticated dufus (entirely possible), or I've achieved some sort of cynical immunity from sloppy stories and crappy metaphors and the like. Regardless, that is three hours of my life I'll never get back.

Yes, I get it. Duality. Good and bad in all of us. I saw The Dark Knight (where they missed the real opportunity to make him heroic by choosing to have him violate everyone's civil rights - means justifies the ends, sounds familiar, blah blah blah...arrrgh) and that was plenty of that lesson. It was also a much better movie than The Watchmen (though still utterly forgettable to me).

The story line in The Watchmen was hackneyed and full of gaping holes and lousy plot devices. And some really bad "oooh" moments (I know a few therapists and none of them carry a briefcase full of Rorshach cards and nothing else). And the whole midget in prison scene? What did we learn from that?

I could continue but I'll spare you. We should have seen "I Love You, Man". At least you're going to get what's advertised...

Oh, and I can't help but comment on having an opening montage so long they had to stretch out "The Times They are a Changing"????? Get some editing scissors, dudes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home